- Established in 1922.
- Located in Wichita Falls, Texas, which is located midway between Oklahoma City and the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex.
- 255-acre campus is nestled among the city's residential area, and comprises 70 buildings, numerous playing fields, and an outdoor recreational facility near Sikes Lake.
- One of 36 public institutions of higher education in Texas.
- Only university in Texas to become a member of the Council of Public Liberal Arts Colleges (COPLAC).
- Offer U.S. non-Texas residents a special tuition rate. The university was recently recognized U.S. News and World Report's list of "10 Public Schools with the Cheapest Out-of-State Tuition."