Through the application process, the students must prepare a resume and cover letter and are required to have a personal interview with the prospective business. Students, if selected for an internship, are required to spend a minimum of 150 hours on the job. The internship experience is a partnership among the student, faculty advisor, and business practitioner. Assurance of learning is facilitated through evaluations submitted by the student, the faculty advisor, and the business practitioner. Through an analysis of these evaluations and review of the overall internship process, the internship program is continually improved to assure a quality experience for all participants.
All internship experiences in the Dillard College of Business Administration Internship Program are overseen by a faculty advisor who will monitor each internship and provide guidance to the student and business practitioner during the internship experience.
The faculty advisor's responsibilities include the following:
- Provide an overview of the internship process through an internship orientation session.
- Provide a course syllabus for the internship experience.
- Provide a learning objective agreement for the internship experience.
- Monitor the student's progress through the collection of weekly log reports.
- Assign a final grade of credit or no credit based upon the student's completion of the requirements of the internship and the course syllabus including but not limited to the weekly reports, final report, and additional requirements designated by the faculty advisor.