The Graduate School of Midwestern State University coordinates and leads initiatives in support of the recruitment, funding, retention, and graduation of a diverse student body. The Graduate School seeks to promote culturally and intellectually diverse learning environments in which active scholarship and creativity can flourish.
- Graduate School Values
Graduate School Vision: To develop a diverse community of excellence by developing leaders who value learning, discovery and service.
This online orientation provides important information useful for graduate students at MSU.
Welcome to the Graduate School at Midwestern State University! Whether you are a prospective student looking for a graduate program or a current student who has already chosen MSU, I am delighted to have the opportunity to greet you and encourage you to pursue your education at the Master's level with diligence and enthusiasm.
We are proud to offer master's degrees in 26 majors designed to prepare students for professional positions and doctoral study.
A graduate education will enrich your life, open additional doors for you, and allow you to establish professional contacts and make life-long friends. Your time spent on the beautiful Midwestern State University campus will give you increased capacity in your chosen field as well as priceless memories of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
MSU graduate faculty members are scholars and experienced professional teachers; all are dedicated to providing an excellent graduate education with the value added component of the individual attention and interest in each of our students. As an MSU graduate student, you will develop the knowledge and inquiry skills of your chosen field of study or professional program through not only assigned coursework, but also through a close and collegial relationship with faculty members.
For additional information on any of the graduate programs, please contact Amanda Cantu at 940-397-4920.
Please feel free to contact me, also, if you have questions or concerns. You can reach me at 940-397-4315 or email@example.com. My office door is always open, and I enjoy getting to know each one of you. Please stop by when you are on campus!
Interim Dean of the Graduate School
The Registrar's Office is located in Hardin South, Room 101
- Tuition and Fees
- Tuition Calculator
- *Disclaimer: Oklahoma students do not pay out of state tuition; however, $30 more is added per semester credit hour.
For questions concerning tuition, fees, payment information, or a charge made to a students' account, visit the Business Office or call (940) 397-4101. The Business Office is located in Hardin Administration Building, Room 103.
Visit http://www.mwsu.edu/onlinepayments to pay your tuition online and sign up for e-refunds.
A variety of additional services are offered through the Business Office.
- Personal check cashing is available with a current MSU Campus Card. Personal checks are limited to $25 per day.
- After- hours drop boxes are available for making payments. Payments made in person after 4pm will be charged a $30 late fee.
Financial Aid (grants and/or loans) is available to graduate students seeking a Master's degree at MSU; also, students seeking Teacher Certification may apply for financial aid. NOTE: grants are awarded on a first come- first serve basis so apply early in order to meet the Priority Deadline dates; additional information is available at http://finaid.mwsu.edu. And, scholarships are also available - visit the Graduate Coordinator of your program for additional information.
- NOTE: Post-baccalaureate 'non-degree seeking' students and students seeking a 'certificate' (such as Nursing Certificate, Educational Diagnostician, or Principal Certification, etc...) are NOT eligible to receive financial aid. You may wish to investigate other external funding options, such as a personal note with your bank or work place tuition assistance for other resource opportunities.
- Please contact the MSU Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 940:397-4214 should you require additional information.
- Graduate and Family student housing is available through the Office of Housing and Residence Life. Bridwell Courts is an on-campus apartment facility consisting of efficiency, 1-bedroom/1bath, and 2 bedroom/1bath units.
- All facilities have the option of being furnished with a basic furniture package (couch, coffee table, twin size bed, desk and dresser). If a student wants to bring their own furniture, that is fine too!
- All bills are included in the rent.
- Covered parking is available on a first-come, first serve basis.
- More information can be found at http://housing.mwsu.edu or via telephone at 940-397-4217.
The International Services Office provides comprehensive advising, admissions processing and legal services for all international students. For more information, contact the International Services Office at http://students.mwsu.edu/international or call (940) 397- 4568.
The MSU Moffett Library provides one on one and group instruction either for an entire class or on an individual basis. Topics include:
- walking tours,
- starting research,
- basic searches,
- targeted searches,
- evaluating resources,
- using interlibrary loan,
- citations, developing a lit review, as well as other topics based on the specific class
- We subscribe to many online databases with access to literally millions of articles that you will be able to read/print from your home computers on topics covering everything from nursing to business to the sciences.
- You can view a list of databases by subject at http://library.mwsu.edu/research.asp Or the complete list of available databases at http://library.mwsu.edu/research/tbl_databases_list.asp.
- We have physical books, documents, videos and other resources that you can access or borrow from the library.
- Also on the first page of the library's website you can find a series of research guides to assist you in starting your research in any of the disciplines that MSU offers. http://libguides.mwsu.edu/
- If you need assistance in finding or ordering information, there are librarians on duty 7 days a week to assist you. You may talk with us on our toll free telephone number 800-259-8518 or chat with us on our chat line located on our library webpage or email us directly at http://library.mwsu.edu.
- Interlibrary Loan Services: Through our Interlibrary Loan system if we do not have access to a particular book or journal, we can borrow a copy of the book or send you a photocopy of the article that we get from other libraries. All ordering is done online and you will be able to see the status of any orders you have placed. More information can be found at http://library.mwsu.edu/departments/illdept.asp.
MSU offers a variety of dining options and meal plans. Visit the Dining Services page for more information.
Distance Learning Services
Students enrolled in online courses, as well as those registered for courses offered in a mixed format, will log on to either Blackboard or Desire2Learn. Information for how to log on is found here.
Some online courses require proctored finals given in college or university testing centers. These centers frequently charge a fee of $10 - $25 per test. This fee is not included in your tuition and fees for a course and is an additional expense for which you will be responsible.
For technical assistance, please email mailto:email@example.com.
MSU Writing Center
The Midwestern State University Writing Center provides FREE tutoring and consulting to all members of the campus community, including both undergraduate and graduate students, as well as faculty and staff.
The primary goal of the writing center is to help you to become a better writer. The Writing Center offers a list of Guidelines and Tips to help you make the most of a tutoring session. To visit our website, go to: www.mwsu.edu/ writing center.
- Your "Official MSU Bookstore," located inside the Clark Student Center, is operated by Barnes & Noble College Bookstores. Your bookstore not only carries textbooks and course materials, but also a great selection of school spirit apparel, tech and electronics, school supplies and convenience. Via the bookstore website, students may also save on offers by Dell, HP, Mac, as well as discounts on software and Greek merchandise.
- For TEXTBOOKS, you have a choice between RENTAL, USED, EBOOKS, or NEW. Buyback is conducted 24/7, with the best money back the last weeks of class, through finals. If a book is used for the next semester, you can receive up to 50% back.
- As a convenience, students may view and order their textbooks via Webworld. All online orders received before 3 p.m. receive same day shipping, provided all books are in stock.
- Forms of payment accepted include cash, check, all major credit and debit cards, as well as accepting the B&N gift card (sold and accepted) and all forms of MSU financial aid.
- Contact info: www.mwsu.bncollege.com
- fb: Midwestern State University Bookstore, p: 940-397-4225, f: 940-397-4683
Career Management and Testing Services
The Career Management Center provides opportunities for students to be introduced to and guided through the professional development process. Services offered focus on preparing students for significant and personally satisfying careers and teaching them how to effectively market themselves to employers. Our services include:
- Resume and Cover Letter Development
- Job Search and Interview Skill Building
- Graduate/Professional School Planning and Preparation
- On-campus Employer Interviewing
- Business Etiquette Training Career/Graduate & Professional School Fairs
- Employment Opportunity Postings (MustangsHIRE System)
More information on the services provided by the Career Management Center and Testing Services can be found on the webpage at www.mwsu.edu/cmcts
The Testing Center offers both paper-based and computer-based national, state, and local exams that cover a variety of needs such as admission, placement, course credit, licensure, and certification.
Campus Card Services
The campus card is the official identification card of Midwestern State University which allows access to numerous campus locations and events. All enrolled students are eligible to receive a Campus Card. Each student will be issued an initial card at no cost: however a replacement fee of $20 exists for all lost, stolen or damaged cards. Visit the Campus Card Services office in the Clark Student Center, Room 116 from 8 am - 5 pm Monday through Friday.
Enhanced MSU Campus Cards are also available. When students order an enhanced MSU Campus Card, new or existing Wells Fargo Checking accounts can be linked and purchases can be made wherever Visa is accepted.
The Counseling Center provides confidential and professional counseling services for all enrolled students. Counselors provide individual and group counseling for personal, academic, and career concerns.
Appointments are encouraged to guarantee sufficient time and availability of counselors. An appointment can be scheduled by calling the Counseling Center at (940) 397- 4618.
Disability Support Services
The Disability Support Services ensures that students with disabilities have equal access to all academic programs and activities. Services are provided based on individual need as assessed through recent diagnostic information and a personal interview. As new needs are identified, services may be modified or developed to accommodate the student.
To Obtain Disability Support Services, You Must:
- Be accepted for admission to Midwestern State University
- Complete an application form available through Disability Support Services
- Provide documentation from a professional in disability services, education, medicine, psychology or a related area, indicating the presence of a physical or mental impairment which substantially limits one or more major life activities. Documentation should be no older than 3 years and must be provided by the appropriate professional. For complete requirements for documentation, please stop by the DSS in Clark Student Center, Room 168, or go to: http://students.mwsu.edu/disability/documentation-guidelines.asp
- The office of Veterans Affairs assists students who are eligible for education benefits through the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Information regarding educational benefits for veterans, reservists, dependents of deceased or 100% disabled veterans, and dependents of members of the armed forces can be obtained at the Veterans Affairs office at the University located on the first floor of Hardin South or on the MSU VA webpage at http://registrar.mwsu.edu/veterans.
The mission of the Midwestern State University Police department is to support the mission of the University by providing a safe academic environment for persons and property of Midwestern State University. This will be accomplished through the detection and apprehension of criminals, the utilization of community oriented policing and crime prevention based programs in an attempt to improve the quality of life on campus and to reduce the fear of crime.
All students who operate a motor vehicle on campus are required to purchase a motor vehicle registration permit. This permit allows students to park in student parking while on campus. Contact the MSU Police Department to obtain your registration permit.
Midwestern State University is required by state law to automatically enter all students into the campus emergency notification system. Currently all students are entered using the preferred email account that the student registered with the university. All students need to go to the following link, http://www.mwsu.edu/msualert/, follow the directions and you will then receive emergency notifications via text message on your phone.
The Midwestern State University Police Department offers a number of services to all students, faculty and staff. These services include: car lock out help, battery jump box assistance, crime prevention seminars, emergency notification, timely warning notices, late hours escorts, and engraver loan program for students to engrave personal property.
|MSU Police Non-emergency||(940) 397-4239|
Bruce and Graciela Student Wellness Center
The 51,000 square foot facility was built in the summer of 2009, and is completed with the best equipment available on the market (CYBEX) and (TRUE). We have over 75 pieces of free weights and machines and 50 different pieces of cardiovascular equipment each having an entertainment monitor (television) for student, faculty and staff use. In addition, there is an indoor track, state-of-the-art group fitness rooms, an outdoor aquatics area, and fully equipped gymnasium.
The hours of operation during the fall and spring semesters are 5:30 am until 12:00 midnight Monday through Friday and 10am until 10:00 pm on the weekends. Summer hours of operation are Sunday - Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
In order to use the Wellness Center you must be a currently enrolled student with a valid MSU student ID card. There is not an additional charge to use the Wellness Center. However, if you would like to bring a guest the cost is $5.00 per visit.
We also offer classes in Spinning, Pilate's, Yoga, Circuit Training, Core Training, and Kickboxing. Check out the website for the latest schedule or class descriptions for more information.
Vinson Health Center
The Vinson Health Center is the student health center for Midwestern State University. Ambulatory care services are provided for the exclusive benefit of MSU students. Medical services are designed to meet the needs of students with acute illnesses and/or injuries.
The Vinson Health Center is located in the Bruce and Graciela Student Wellness Center and may be reached at 940-397-4231.
Graduate Student Association
Mission, meeting schedule, website and contact person
For an events calendar and all things Wichita Falls visit:
You have completed the Graduate Online Orientation
The Graduate School
Admissions - Hardin Administration Building Rm. 146 S
Graduate Dean - Hardin Administration Building Rm. 205
Voice: (940) 397 4920
Fax: (940) 397 4005