Athletic Training Education Program
Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training (BSAT)
The mission of the Athletic Training Program at Midwestern State University is to provide an active learning environment that facilitates the use of athletic training theory to develop proficient practical skills and foster personal and professional excellence for the entry-level athletic trainer.
- To uphold the mission of Midwestern State University, the Robert D. & Carol Gunn College of Health Sciences and Human Services, the Department of Athletic Training & Exercise Physiology, and the Athletic Training Program.
- Actively recruit athletic training students that will be successful in the AT Program.
- Foster an optimal learning environment necessary to develop critical thinking and decision making skills necessary for success in the Athletic Training profession.
- Educate students in the virtues of professionalism.
- Encourage students to actively support and promote the profession of athletic training by service to their professional organizations.
- Prepare students to successfully complete the national Board of Certification Exam for Athletic Training.
- Prepare students to successfully complete the Texas Board of Athletic Training State Licensure Exam.
- Foster student's efforts in obtaining placement in graduate school or careers in athletic training upon graduation.