- Catherine Rudy, M.Ed.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone (940) 397-4595
- Fax (940) 397-4513
The Program offers the Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene degree (BSDH). Dental Hygienists are professionals, licensed by your state, who complete extensive educational and clinical preparation in preventive oral health care. They provide a wide range of services and can pursue a variety of career options including clinical, administrative/managerial, education, consumer advocate, research; and change agent.
The GOALS of the Dental Hygiene Department are closely related to Midwestern State University’s mission of education and community involvement to contribute constructively to society through their work and through their private lives.
1. Prepare students, through appropriate academic and clinical educations, to be qualified dental professionals.
2. Provide comprehensive dental hygiene treatment to those communities served by the program through a complete, sequential, and fully monitored system of care.
3. Create a positive and rewarding academic environment that facilitates continued growth and enrichment of all students and faculty.
4. Foster opportunities for faculty and student involvement in service activities that are consistent with personal development goals
The MSU Dental Hygiene Program has been granted the accreditation status of approval without reporting requirements by the American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation (ADA CODA) based on the 2013 Program review. The next Program site visit by the Commission is scheduled to occur in 2020.
For additional information on the profession of dental hygiene, visit