DENTAL PROPYHLAXIS (Cleaning)
CHILDREN (6 - 11 years) $15.00
ADULTS (12 Yrs and up) According to Quad Classification
Class 2 & 2+ $5.00 per Quad
Class 3 $6.00 per Quad
Class 4 $7.00 per Quad
SINGLE FILMS $2.00 Per Film
Pit and Fissure Sealants $5.00 Per Tooth
FOR AN APPOINTMENT CALL:
Keeping your appointment is very important to our students, it is their grade for the day.
Patient schedule appointments in the Midwester State University Gains Dental Hygiene Clinic based on the following conditions
- Services in the MSU Dental Hygiene Clinic are offered primarily in the interest of educating and training students. Among the services offered are cleaning of teeth, the exposure of dental X-ray films, fluorid applications, sealants and plaque control instructions.
- All treatment is provided by students under the supervision of the Clinical Teaching Staff. The charting of observations in the oral cavity and the exposure of dental X-ray films by the student DO NOT constitute a diagnosis. It is illegal for the student to diagnose dental conditions. This must be done only by a licensed dentist.
- This is a teaching institution and several appointments may be needed to complete a patient’s dental hygiene treatment due to the teaching that will occur and supervision requirements.
- Prompt attendance for all appointments is required. Constant tardiness and/or two missed appointments may result in DISCONTINUED TREATMENT. At least 24 hours notice MUST be given by calling (940)397-4737.
- Upon request radiographs may be sent to a patient’s dental office for interpretation/diagnosis.
- The Dental Hygiene Clinic is not equipped to provide all of a patient’s possible dental needs since our focus is on dental hygiene services. If it is determined that a patient has other dental needs he/she will be advised and provided with a referral.
- If a student or faculty member is injured (cut) during the course of a patient’s dental hygiene treatment the patient will be asked to submit to blood testing at the Dental Hygiene Department expense and to release the information from the testing to the Chair of the Dental Hygiene Department. The student will be notified of a positive test so he/she can take the appropriate preventive actions. Patient can request the lab test be forwarded to their physician for further action.
Patients in the MSU Gaines Dental Hygiene Clinic have the right to:
- Receive treatment without discrimination as to race, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or source of payment.
- Considerate, respectful and confidential treatment that meets professional standards and guidelines.
- Your dental hygiene assessment and treatment procedures will be provided by a student(s) of the Dental Hygiene Program and that student(s) is/are under the direct supervision of a faculty member employed by the University.
- The faculty members supervising the dental hygiene students are licensed dental health care professionals in good standing.
- An explanation of recommended dental hygiene treatment, treatment alternatives and the expected outcome.
- Refuse treatment and be told what effect this may have on his/her oral health.
- Advance knowledge of the cost of the dental hygiene service and the estimated time frame for completion.
- Confidentiality in accordance with the 1996 Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Your personal, medical, and dental information will be maintained private and confidential. Your information will only be shared with those that have an identified need to know.
- You may request access to your personal, medical, and dental information and may request changes to your information.
- You may request copies of your dental hygiene records for a nominal fee.
- You may offer complaints and/or suggestions about the clinic services as a whole and/or concerning a specific student, staff, or faculty member.