J.S. Bridwell Regional Simulation Center
The J.S. Bridwell Regional Simulation Center has a full-time staff of Master’s Degreed nurse educators all with more than 20 years of clinical experience. They are dedicated to training and evaluating students through active engagement of learners and education in small group settings for individualized teaching and instruction. The Simulation Center is a state-of-the-art facility of over 13,000 square feet equipped with nine adult high-fidelity and low-fidelity manikins, two birthing manikins, and three high-fidelity baby manikins.
Facilitate learning for multidisciplinary healthcare providers in an innovative environment which stimulates clinical imagination and competence.
- Provides opportunities which allow the learner to participate in clinical experiences in a non-threatening, safe, and structured environment through the use of both high and low fidelity patient simulators, psychomotor skills labs, role-modeling and other learning strategies.
- Collaborates with consortium faculty in the development of scenarios using evidence based practice which are challenging for the learners and meet individual program outcomes.
- Facilitates learning from BSN Educators with clinical expertise in clinical simulation thereby relieving the academic faculty to focus on classroom instruction and provide clinical instruction and provide clinical support to the learners in the practice environment.
- Models lifelong learning skills by supporting staff personal and professional endeavors for furthering their advance education.
- Validates competencies for participants through the use of clinical simulation experiences.
- Build strong clinical skills and clinical imagination
- Augment lifelong learning
- Promote safe, compassionate, and quality patient care for the healthcare consumer.