Thank you for your interest in Midwestern State University’s (MSU) Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences (BAAS) Program.
The BAAS with a Criminal Justice Option is a Peace Officer Tuition Exemption Participating Program under HB 2347. This tuition exemption program was implemented Fall 2011 at MSU. The BAAS program is included on the College for All Texans website’s list of colleges and universities in Texas participating in this tuition exemption program.
Please visit the following College for All Texans website’s to review the requirements regarding the Peace Officer Tuition Exemption in detail.
In order to be considered for this exemption you must comply with the following:
- Be a currently employed peace officer in the state of Texas
- BAAS Degree Plan must indicate CRJU Option
- Been advised and cleared by the BAAS Advisor to enroll into one of the applicable CRJU prefixed courses http://libarts.mwsu.edu/baas/Option_B_Criminal_Justice_BAAS.asp
- Have on file at the MSU Business Office a letter which verifies current employment status as a licensed peace officer. The letter must be received at the Business Office no later than one week before the end of the regular registration period the exemption is requested. A current letter must be submitted each semester you are enrolled and plan to use the tuition exemption waiver. (Link to example letter)
- The letter must be on agency/organization’s official letterhead. It must include student’s name, Student ID number, and reference in the subject line: "Law Enforcement Tuition Exemption". The letter must clearly state the student’s active employment status. It must be signed by someone (other than yourself) in the Human Resources Department of your organization.
- Letters may be faxed or emailed to:
Midwestern State University
Business Office-Attn: Jennifer Dunn
3410 Taft Blvd
Wichita Falls, Texas 76308
FAX: (940) 397-4302 – Voice (940) 397-4101
This exemption only covers tuition and lab fees. Other institutional fees (distance education, library, etc) will still be applied to your account and are under the same payment obligations. Please contact the business office for additional information in this area firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the webpage at http://www.mwsu.edu/busoffice/.
DEADLINE FOR TUITION EXEMPTION LETTER:
The deadlines will be one week prior to the end of regular registration:
Fall 2013 deadline is August 16th.
Spring 2013 deadline is January 3rd.
Click here for BAAS Homepage