Prospective Students Newly Admitted Students
1. Complete Your Application
- Make sure we have received all necessary supporting documents.
- Official Transcripts
- Official ACT or SAT Scores
- $25 Application Fee
2. Log into MSU Banner
3. Apply for Financial Aid and Scholarships
4. Apply for Housing
5. Testing Services
6. Bacterial Meningitis
The Texas Legislature passed SB 1107, effective January 1, 2012, requiring all students under the age of 22 entering an institution of higher education in Texas to either receive a vaccination against bacterial meningitis or meet certain criteria to decline the vaccination before the first day of the semester.
- Midwestern State University has contracted Magnus Health to collect, review and securely store all student documents pertaining to the meningitis vaccine. Your must register through Magnus Health SMR ensuring that your registration for classes at MSU is not delayed.*
You will need your Mustangs ID to log into your Magnus Health account through MSU's Web Portal.
*Students will not be able to register for class until this new requirement has been completed. The vaccine must be administered within the past five years and at least 10 days before the first official day of classes.
7. Early Academic Advising and Registration
- Get a head start! Be advised early!
- Ask questions about your courses, major, and career goals.
- Create a schedule with your academic advisor.
- Register for classes.
8. Attend Orientation
9. Join the MSU Schools App Community
- Schools App is a social media application that allows you to connect with other Mustangs!