Midwestern State University has achieved many goals through the private gifts and donations given by alumni, students, parents, faculty, staff, and friends though the University's Annual Fund.
As of 2011, Midwestern State University's participation rate of alumni donations was higher than other universities in Texas.
Midwestern State University 5.4%
Stephen F. Austin University 3.4%
Tarleton State University 2.3%
OUR DONORS ARE IMPORTANT!Annual Fund gifts provide the resources to create precious opportunities and address unanticipated needs in the schools, colleges, departments, and programs on campus. While most traditional funding sources are committed to programs in advance and must be used for specific purposes, Annual Fund gifts provide the needed flexibility in a very fiscally rigid budget.
The MSU Annual Fund provides a source of unrestricted support to Midwestern and promotes academic excellence through the following types of initiatives:
- Providing scholarship support to the most deserving students;
- Supporting faculty professional development;
- Expanding learning opportunities available to students;
- Acquiring state-of-the-art academic equipment and resources; and
- Maintaining and improving MSU’s buildings and grounds.