Become a Phonathon Student Caller
On campus, there is a special room where students and alumni connect, talk and learn. Each fall and spring semester, a group of students call alumni, parents and friends of the university. Their mission is to build relationships, keep people informed about the university and make the case for financial support. (CLICK HERE TO SEE A FULL JOB DESCRIPTION)
Taking time to speak with a MSU Phonathon caller means:
- You are able to hear updates about the university, ask questions and pass along comments
- Students can update your address, phone and e-mail information to ensure that you are receiving information from the university
- You are offered the opportunity to support the university's academic programs, student scholarships and other areas on campus
MSU Phonathon Fast Facts
· The program contacts alumni, parents and friends – September through December and January through May. We hire per semester.
· Calling hours are Monday through Thursday from 5:30-9 p.m.
· There are up to 12 callers and one team leader at each shift and five shifts per week. Students only have to work a minimum of two shifts per week to be employed (7 hours/week).
Working at the MSU Phonathon can be a fun experience. Callers learn important communication and negotiation skills, plus they are rewarded for their success.
Members of our calling team:
- Have a salary range of $7.25-$9.00 base pay per hour
- Can earn performance bonuses based on performance
- Work on-campus
- Set their own schedule
- Dress comfortably
- Work evening shifts
- Earn prizes for reaching performance goals (donated items from area businesses, click here for a list of businesses that donate to the MSU Phonathon)
- Have parties for reaching team goals
- Learn valuable job skills
- Build their resumes
- Network with MSU alumni, parents and friends
Members of the MSU Phonathon receive the Golden Tower Society Award once they raise at least $10,000 for MSU.
2006 - Dwayne Carter
2007 - Amber Hagan
2008 -Trudy Christian
2009 - Faye Dhamecourt
2009 - Krissy Hodges
2010 - Joy-Ann Payne
2011 - Sheldon Hilarie
2011 - Joy Amaechi
PLATINUM TOWER SOCIETY
Members of the MSU Phonathon receive the Platinum Tower Society Award once they raise at least $25,000 for MSU.
2008 - Amber Hagan Godby