Award Notification: Accept / Decline
To ACCEPT / DECLINE your awards:
- Please access MSU's Portal (or myMWSU). NOTE: myMWSU offers valuable instructions to help you navigate through the MSU Portal and WebWorld.
- Once at myMWSU, you may login to the ‘Portal Login’ (using your Username and Password) then click on ‘Take Me to Banner WebWorld’; now proceed to #3 below.
Once at myMWSU, scroll down and click on “WebWorld- External Links” then scroll down to ‘Enter Secure Area’; you must enter your Mustangs ID and PIN Number (please refer to the following) then proceed to #3 below:
Your Mustangs ID is indicated at the TOP of your email/letter.
Your PIN Number will be your birthdate (mmddyy) and you will be required to change it before you can proceed; your PIN Number must be a 6-digit number of significance to you (please do NOT include alpha characters in your PIN for optimum performance.) If you have previously logged into WebWorld and, therefore, have already updated your PIN, please use the updated PIN Number to view this additional information.
- Now click on ‘Financial Aid’; then click on ‘Award’; then click on ‘Accept Award Offer’; then click on ‘Award for Aid Year’. Now be sure ‘Select Aid Year’ is for the 2013-2014 Award Year and click ‘Submit’. Now click on the ‘Accept Award Offer’ tab. YOU are now able to view and ACCEPT the awards you are eligible to receive for the Fall 2013 and/or Spring 2014 semesters.
NOTE: to access the SHOPPING SHEET: click on ‘Financial Aid’; then click on ‘Federal Shopping Sheet’.
(see information below regarding the SHOPPING SHEET)
- IMPORTANT: YOU, the student, must accept your GRANT, SCHOLARSHIP AND/OR LOAN awards, if you have not already done so; you may accept the full award by selecting ‘Accept Full Amount of All Awards’ OR you may accept a partial amount by selecting ‘Accept’ and enter the amount in the ‘Accept Partial Amount’ field. Otherwise, you may DECLINE your awards.
NOTE: Also, you can view your billing statement or check the status of your refund check after your award(s) has disbursed to your MSU account; simply click on ‘Student’ then ‘Student Account’ then ‘Account Summary’ after you have logged onto WebWorld. And you may wish to view the current tuition/fee and room/board expenses for the upcoming enrollment period(s).
- ALSO IMPORTANT! As you ACCEPT your awards, scroll down to the tool bar at the bottom of the page then click on ‘Award Messages’. Please pay special attention to the AWARD MESSAGESassociated with your award(s), IF ANY, as you may be required to maintain a specific grade point average (gpa) or completion rate in order to continue to receive your award(s). OR, FURTHER ACTION MAY BE REQUIRED FROM YOU; for example, if you choose to accept a student loan(s), YOU may be required to complete an Electronic Master Promissory Note (EMPN) AND complete Entrance Counseling via the Direct Loan process as explained in the AWARD MESSAGES. NOTE: You will be required to complete Entrance Counseling and the EMPN only one time during your college career at MSU; however, “General Information About Your Loan” will be made available to you annually. We encourage you to read additional information regarding the Direct Loan Program which is available at http://www.direct.ed.gov/student.html.
NOTE: As you ACCEPT your awards, pay special attention to any "Important Financial Aid Messages" as they may explain an adjustment(s) that was made to your awards, special instructions for a specific award, etc....
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING DIRECT SUBSIDIZED LOAN LIMITATION FOR FIRST-TIME BORROWER: If you are a FIRST-TIME LOAN BORROWER (ie: you have never received a student loan(s) with a disbursement prior to July 1, 2013 OR you have fully repaid your prior student loan balance(s) prior to July 1, 2013 and have applied for another student loan(s to be disbursed on/after July 1, 2013), please read this IMPORTANT INFORMATION regarding the maximum period of time in which you may receive the Direct SUBSIDIZED Loan during your college career.
Please know that other non-federal loan options are available to you as well; please peruse this information for complete details. And refer to this IMPORTANT INFORMATION regarding your 2013-14 awards!
NEW for Fall 2013-Spring 2014: we are pleased to provide the Federal Shopping Sheet which is designed to simplify information for you with regards to MSU’s Cost of Attendance, type and amount of aid awarded to you, your out-of-pocket expenses, other financial aid options you may wish to investigate and MSU statistical information. To access the Shopping Sheet, please refer to #3 above.
NEW for Fall 2013-Spring 2014: YOU, the student, MUST accept your grant and scholarship awards in addition to your loan awards; in prior years, the grant and scholarship awards were auto-accepted for you, however, YOU are now required to accept these awards, if you have not already done so, as they will no longer be auto-accepted (with the exception of the Pell Grant and Athletic Scholarships, if eligible). For more details, please refer to #4 and #5 above.
- Please know that one or more of your scholarship award(s) MAY already reflect an ‘Accepted’ status in WebWorld if you previously returned your acceptance notification to the MSU Admissions Office and/or your Department of study, such as MSU History Department, Math/Science Department, etc....
Additionally, please peruse the information below to determine if you/spouse/parent must submit the following forms as well, if you have not already done so:
- MSU Change Form to advise us if you will NOT enroll FULL-TIME; proper adjustments must be made as your award(s) will NOT apply to your student account until your awards are adjusted to reflect your less than Full-Time enrollment. ALSO, submit the MSU Change Form if other enrollment plans change (ie: you will not attend MSU afterall, you will graduate at the end of the Fall semester, etc…).
- Additional Benefits/Expenses to advise the MSU Financial Aid Office of any child care expenses you may incur AND/OR scholarships/benefits you may receive in 2013-14; adjustments will be made to your award(s), if necessary, if the Financial Aid Office is made aware of any scholarship(s) or additional benefits you will receive AFTER your award(s) are determined.
- Title IV Charge Authorization which allows MSU to request permission from all Title IV aid recipients to apply federal student aid to minor prior-year charges AND/OR “allowable charges” other than tuition, fees, and room and board; return the form to the MSU Business Office if appropriate.
- Release of Information if you want the MSU Financial Aid Office to discuss and/or release written information regarding your financial aid; this information will be released to a parent(s), organization(s) or other(s) ONLY if the Release of Information form is on file in the MSU Financial Aid Office.
If you prefer to have financial aid notifications (missing information, award notices, etc..) sent to you via PAPER delivery, in lieu of electronic means such as emails, phone/text messages, etc, please click here to OPT-OUT of electronic delivery of your financial aid notifications. And Eureca is an excellent way for Undergraduate students to participate in exciting and creative Research endeavors. Read more about it here!