If you have been approved to receive grants, scholarships and/or loans, these funds will be electronically applied to your tuition and fee expenses (and on-campus room and board, if applicable). If there are any “excess funds” after grants and/or loans have paid the university account, a refund check will be issued. STUDENTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO COMPLETE THE ACH (AUTOMATED CLEARING HOUSE) PROCESS, AVAILABLE AT www.mwsu.edu/onlinepayments, TO HAVE THE REFUND ELECTRONICALLY DEPOSITED INTO THEIR BANK ACCOUNT.
- Students registering during the university’s Early Registration period can anticipate that a refund check will be deposited into their bank accounts or mailed to the MAILING ADDRESS DURING THE WEEK of the university’s Regular Registration period.
- Students registering during the university’s Regular Registration period can anticipate that a refund check will be deposited into their bank accounts or mailed to the MAILING ADDRESS 2-3 days AFTER the university’s Regular Registration period.
- If grants and/or loans are approved and processed AFTER the Regular Registration period, the refund check will be deposited into their bank accounts or mailed to the MAILING ADDRESS after the funds have been applied to the student’s university account.
And, a student may be required to return all or a portion of a refund if withdrawing from the university, dropping a class(es), or if administratively withdrawn, or if voluntarily ceasing attendance at ALL of classes during any of the following periods:
- On/before the official enrollment date (12th day for fall / spring semesters or 4th day for summer term(s));
- During the withdrawal refund period (consult your Schedule of Classes);
- Prior to completing more than 60% of the enrollment period.
Also, adjustments may be made to grants and/or loans of students who are “Instructor Dropped” from class(es). Additionally, grants and/or loans will be totally cancelled for students who invalidate registration or never attend ANY of their classes.
Contact the Financial Aid Office at (940) 397-4214 or e-mail email@example.com for additional details.