RHA - Residence Hall Association
What is RHA?
The Midwestern State University Residence Hall Association is a representative organization that empowers on-campus residents to play an active role in our housing facilities through service, programming, and leadership opportunities. Through these efforts RHA works to enhance the on-campus life experience of all residents. RHA provides a place to voice concerns about campus housing policy, procedure, and facilities. RHA also enacts change through legislation and advocates the issues and concerns of residents with the ultimate goal of making the housing facilities at Midwestern State University a more respectful and united community.
- To provide and organize social, educational, recreational, and cultural programs and opportunities for the general membership.
- To provide a source of information for the residents in those matters concerning them.
- To provide a means for residents to input to the Office of Housing and Dining Services concerning any policies affecting the residents.
- To promote social responsibility through programming and community service opportunities.
- To foster community development within the residence halls.
A few reasons to join:
- Community Involvement
- Leadership Positions Available
- Experience for RA Candidates
- Input towards Policies and Procedures
- Connection with Campus
- Social Interaction
- Voice for Residents
- Making a Difference
How does this effect you?
One of the best things about the residence halls at MSU is the fact that students are involved in almost every aspect of life within them. RHA will be working all year to turn your residence hall into a tight community, a place where you can build friendships and life skills while still having a place where you can call home. In order to strengthen the residential community, RHA plans many programs and activities throughout the year. The following are a highlight of some popular programs that RHA does every year:
- Family Day
- Texas Rangers Game
- Homecoming Competition
- Habitat for Humanity
- Late Night Breakfast
RHA sponsors a room in the Clark Student Center during finals week, featuring fun events to help the residents unwind before finals.
And so much more!
Questions of Comments?
Contact Advisor: Clint Coulter and/or Norma Ramirez