- Moffett Library gladly accepts donations of books and other library materials.
- Items are reviewed and added to the collection, provided they meet the guidelines in our
Collection Development Policy, or disposed of appropriately.
- Moffett Library reserves the right to determine the disposition of all donated items.
The library is most interested in acquiring gifts in the following subject areas:
- History, especially American History
- Current and popular fiction for the Leisure Reading Area
The library normally does not add the following types of material:
- Medical books older than 10 years
- Incomplete sets
- Damaged books
- Readers Digest condensed books
- Magazines, journals
- The library will provide a receipt upon request but is not allowed by the Internal Revenue Services to provide an itemized list with value for each item.
- The donor is encouraged to contact his or her financial advisor.
- The library does not have the means to pick up donations, therefore we request donations be delivered.
- Donations may be dropped off at the Circulation Desk or on the north side loading dock.
- Acknowledgement letters are available. Please leave a name and address if desired.
- Upon request, books given as memorials will have bookplates inserted acknowledging the honoree.