MSU ALERT is an emergency notification system that gives Midwestern State University the ability to send urgent and emergency information quickly by email and / or text message. MSU ALERT subscribers will be able to receive urgent information from university officials. MSU ALERT is a free service to all MSU students, faculty and staff.
As a MSU student, faculty or staff member you are automatically enrolled in the MSU ALERT notification system. Texas law requires that the University automatically enroll all students, faculty, and staff. Once you have been enrolled and your account has been established, you have several options:
- You may add your cell phone #, plus an additional cell phone #(this allows you to receive emergency notifications via text;
- You may add an additional email address; or
- You do may choose to opt-out of the notification system.
MSU ALERT is powered by e2Campus OMNILERT - a national mass notification solutionsprovider. Contact information you provide to the MSU ALERT service will only be used fordelivering emergency information through e2Campus. E2Campus also has strict "ZeroSpam" and usage policies to protect subscribers.
MSU automatically sets-up your account. Once your account is established, you will need to enter into your account and add your cell phone notification information. You may also add an additional number (parent’s cell #, etc.), an additional email address, or opt-out.
- From this page, click on “User Login” under the Links Area
- Enter your username (students - your username will be firstname.lastname.#### (this will be the first four digits of your date of birth --two digits for month and two digits for day; example: joe.citizen.1113); faculty/staff – this will be the same as the campus network username for office pc access) and the password is the user’s Mustang ID #(must use a capital M).
- Click on LOGIN
- This should open your account, then click on “Services”
- To add your cell phone to receive emergency notifications, you must complete the required information (# and carrier), click on Add SMS. You should then receive an SMS message from Omnilert with a validation code. Enter the validation code on the computer and click “Validate.” You can add multiple #s to your account.
- You may also add additional email accounts as well.
- Once you have completed this process, you should receive emergency notifications when they are sent out.
- From this page, click on “User Login” under the Links Area,
- Enter your username, it is the same as the campus network username for office pc access, your first name.last name(ex: jay.williams) and the password is the user’s Mustang ID #(must use a capital M),
- Click on LOGIN,
- Click on “Account”, top menu,
- Check box “I agree, terminate my account,”
- Click box “terminate account now,” and
- This will terminate your account and you will not receive emergency notifications from MSU.