TTH 9:30 – 10:50 AM
1. To present the history, equipment, safety, shooting techniques and psychological aspects of archery.
2. To present safety techniques for beginning archers.
3. To develop correct shooting form.
Skills Tests – Skills tests will be given at mid-semester and at the end of the semester. These tests will be based on performance up to the time of the test. There will also be a final written test over lecture material as well as the handouts given in class.
Participation 200 points
Skills Tests 200 points
Final Test 100 points
Student absences will be excused for one of these five approved reasons:
1. Participation in an activity appearing on University authorized activity list.
2. Death or major illness in a student’s immediate family.
3. Participation in legal proceedings that require a student’s presence.
4. Religious holy day.
5. Confinement due to illness (requires Health Center or physician’s validation).
If an absence is excused, the instructor must provide the student an opportunity to make up tests, assignments and other work missed. Each unexcused absence will result in a deduction of 5 points from the student’s 100 participation points. After seven (7) absences, you will be dropped from the class. Three tardies will equal one unexcused absence.