Class is online via WebCT from 5/31/2011 to 6/30/2011.
Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
1. spell, pronounce, define, identify word parts, and correctly use medical terms or complete a statement using medical terms
2. construct an acceptable and correctly spelled medical term, given the definition
3. provide a medically acceptable abbreviation for phrases, names, or labels
4. supply the correct medical term to properly complete a statement
5. correctly provide the plural form if given a singular form of a medical term
6. correctly provide the singular form if given a plural form of a medical term
7. construct correctly spelled medical terms from word parts and definitions
8. provide the correct phrase, name, or label for a medical abbreviation
9. correctly pronounce each term in a list of medical terms
10. achieve a percentage score that is acceptable to your respective programs
All graded assignments and exams, and their points possible are listed below. You can find your score in your Grade Book on WebCT.
Tag the Elements
Spotlight the Elements
Build Medical Words
Special Senses: Eyes/Ears
Exam 1 (Chs. 1-3)
Exam 2 (Chs. 1-6)
Exam 3 (Chs 1-9)
Exam 4 (Chs. 1-11)
A 4.0 100–90%
B 3.0 89–80%
C 2.0 79–70%
D 1.0 69–60%
F 0.0 Below 60%
Assignments will be submitted via WebCT and instructor email. Exams will be administered via WebCT. All work must be submitted no later than 6/30/2011.
No late work will be accepted.
Online course, attendance is not taken.