MWF 11:00 - 11:50
1. Demonstrate knowledge of the basic golf swing from the grip to the stance.
2. Demonstrate knowledge concerning various shots from around the green such as the bump and
run, sand shot, and high pitch shot.
3. Demonstrate knowledge of the basic putting grips and fundamentals.
4. Demonstrate skill attainment in putting, chipping, approach shot, and short, medium and long irons.
5. Demonstrate knowledge of the rules, terminology, etiquette, and courtesy of the game.
6. Understand the value of golf as a lifetime leisure activity.
7. Demonstrate knowledge of selected history of golf from its invention to the present.
8. Identify various great players of the game, major tournaments, and important facts associated with
9. Demonstrate knowledge of the various golf tournaments such as match play, medal play,
scrambles, and handicap.
90 – 100 = A
80 - 89 = B
70 - 79 = C
60 - 69 = D
Below 60 = F
Test: Evaluate the students’ comprehension and application of class instruction and lectures.
Skills test: Demonstrate skill in the area of putting, chipping, short approach shots, and medal play.
Individual and team competition: Participate each day in the drill, tournament, or game.
Note: All Tests and assignments will be done in class
Attendance is extremely important and the class role will be checked every day. Each student is allowed 3 absences. Each unexcused absence thereafter will cause the final grade to drop by a letter grade for every occurrence.
Insurance: MSU offers an optional student insurance plan which is tailor-made to meet the needs of its students. This hospitalization policy covers participants on campus, during vacation, and at home for a full 12-month period. Application forms and information pertaining to this plan are available at the university infirmary.