Tuesday & Thursday 1-2:20
Upon completion of the course the student should be able to:
1. Describe key "benchmarks" in the historical development of the discipline of nursing.
2. Describe the ethical-legal and professional parameters for nursing practice.
3. Explain the philosophy and major concepts of the organizing framework for the BSN Program at Midwestern State University.
4. Compare selected nursing theories with the Midwestern State University BSN Program philosophy and organizing framework.
5. Discuss major theoretical concepts as they relate to the practice of professional nursing.
6. Explain the interrelationships among nursing theory, nursing process, and nursing practice.