1. Analyze the historical evolution of theories focused on families and groups.
2. Apply selected theories in assessment of family and group dynamics within developmental, cultural, ethical, legal, and economic contexts.
I: 16, 17
3. Operationalize theories in the promotion and protection of optimal levels of health in families and groups using the nursing process.
I: 1-3, 6, 7
II: 4, 5, 6
4. Demonstrate application of ethical and legal principles in nursing care of families and groups in the community setting.
II: 7, 8, 10
VII: 1-3, 5
5. Collaborate with preceptor, faculty, and peers for evaluative feedback related to interventions with families and groups.
I: 18, 19, 23
VII: 4, 6
6. Establish a network for professional support and referral of families and group embers with altered levels of health.
IV: 3, 7, 8
7. Synthesize theoretical concepts and principles in the formation of a personal conceptual framework and philosophy for care of families and groups in advanced nursing practice.
1. Power point Presentation : Cultural Beliefs
2. Paper: Theoretical Framework Applied to Families
3. Poster Presentation: Theory, Families, and Health Promotion
4. Blackboard Discussions
65 and below
The grade for the class will be based upon the following criteria:
% of Total Grade
Presentation: Cultural Beliefs Presentation & Handout
Paper: Theoretical Framework for Advanced Practice with Families
Poster Presentation: Theory-Based, Family-Focused Health Promotion Intervention & Handout