T TH 9:00-10:50
1. Students will be exposed to the basic rules of play for basketball.
2. Students will be exposed to the history of the game of basketball and to specific events, which impacted the game.
3. Students will be exposed to the basic terminology associated with the game of basketball.
4. Students will be exposed to both offensive and defensive strategies associated with the game of basketball.
5. Students will be exposed to the basic fundamental techniques required for play.
6. Students will be exposed to drills and games designed to enhance fundamental skills.
7. Students should have fun as they participate in the game of basketball.
This course is designed to give the student a better understanding of the game of basketball. This is a participation driven class. Regular attendance is required and expected of all enrolled. Classroom activities will vary from day to day. These activities will expose students to rules of play, history, terminology and strategy associated with the game of basketball. Students are expected to wear appropriate attire for class and be on time for the beginning of all classroom activities.
COURSE GRADING PROCEDURES:
The following is a breakdown of how final grades will be determined for each student. Keep in mind that attendance is an extremely important factor in determining final grades. Each student begins the semester with 100 attendance points. Each absence beyond 3 results in a deduction of 8 points to your attendance grade. On the 9th absence you will automatically be dropped from the class with and "F".
ATTENDANCE 100 POINTS
MIDTERM 50 POINTS
FINAL 50 POINTS
180 POINTS = A
160 POINTS = B
140 POINTS = C
120 POINTS = D
100 POINTS = F
FINAL 50 POINTS