Through bulletin board discussions, readings, Internet exploration, videos, and bulletin board exercises, students will investigate training for both organizations and the private sector. After successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
1. Discuss the current national trends and issues of training and development.
2. Understand the relationship of training and development to other human resource functions.
3. Identify considerations in organizing training for organizational development.
4. Discuss financial approaches to training.
5. Discuss legal and ethical aspects of training and development.
6. Identify the current national trends and issues training needs in companies.
7. Discuss program design and development.
8. Identify various media and methods of training for organizational development.
9. Develop a brochure for the students training "niche."
10. Evaluate training programs.