Clinical days, sites and rotations are specific to each student.
Neonatal Critical Care
1. Neonatal/Pediatric vital signs
2. Neonatal/Pediatric Patient Assessment
3. Pediatric CPR
4. Setup and ventilation via endotracheal tube
5. Perform ventilatory management on a neonate
6. Observe/perform capillary gas on a neonate
7. Neonatal chest x-ray interpretation to include: ETT placement, UAC
placement, heart size, lung conditions, and pneumothorax.
Each Student will successfully complete 15 competencies.
Failure to complete 15 competencies will result in a failing grade!
To get an A in this course the student must:
To get a B in this course the student must:
To get a C in this course the student must:
A student is guaranteed a grade of less than C if:
1. Complete less than 15 competencies.
2. Any DLs are missing.
Each student will compile a clinical portfolio documenting the learning activities for the semester.
The clinical portfolio is to be organized as follows:
In a 3 ring binder create divisions (using tab sheets) for the following in the exact order listed.
Each Student will successfully complete any competencies not completed in any other rotation.
CLINICAL PORTFOLIO FINAL CHECK-OFF June 7th by NOON. NO EXCEPTIONS
History and Physical Exam 30 points
Site Evaluation 40 points
Competencies 30 points
Attendance at clinical sites is an essential component of the student’s clinical education. The student must be in their assigned area of
rotation and prepared for instruction at the scheduled time for that rotation.