Lecture meets MWF from 10:00-10:50a.m.; There is also a weekly laboratory. Students are REQUIRED to attend lecture AND a laboratory section. You may not take lecture without lab, or vice versa.
Please see attached syllabus.
General objectives include:
1. Learning the basic structure and function of plants
2. Learn how plants function in the environment
3. Learn how plants adapt and evolve with changing conditions
4. Learn critical thinking skills that go beyond simple memorization
5. Gather experience in writing for the sciences
General expectations include the following:
1. Students will, from the first day of class, commit themselves to studying and working hard in this course and will not put off assignments or studying until the last moment.
2. Students will, from the first day of class, make a conscious effort to attend lecture, pay attention, take good notes, and study.
3. Students will, from the first week, attend all scheduled lab sections and do all lab assignments to the best of their ability.
4. Students will be responsible for their own actions and not seek to blame others for poor grades or performance.
5. Students will not be disruptive or rude and students will adhere to MSUs honor policy.
6. Students will be on time.
7. Students will not play on their electronic devices in class when they are supposed to be paying attention.
8. Students will treat their fellow students with respect, which includes not walking in late, not talking or disrupting the class, etc.
Please see the attached syllabus for grading information. In general, to receive an "A" in the course, you should receive a minimum of 90% of the points for each assignment, quiz, paper, exam, and report due in this class.
Please see the syllabus and each written assignment for submission format requirements.
No late papers or assignments will be accepted from any student for any reason at any time in the course. All due dates are posted on the syllabus and there is no reason to miss them. It is your responsibility as a student to be aware of these due dates and to follow them. It is not the professor's responsibility to remind you of these dates.
Attendance of lecture is highly recommended as exams are written from lecture material. You will not be given notes if you do not attend class.
Attendance of the lab is absolutely required and you MAY NOT miss lab except for an excusable reason AND by contacting the TA and/or the professor of the course. Simple failure to show up is an unexcused absence. Three unexcused absences means that you fail the lab portion of the course.