1. Write thesis-based essays that provide strong support and specific details.
2. Engage in a writing process that includes invention, drafting, and revision.
3. Demonstrate proficient use of Standard Written Engish.
4. Find, evaluate, and synthesize credible sources in support of a research paper.
5. Document sources responsibly and follow a designated style guide.
A = 90-100
B = 80-89
C = 70-79
D = 60-69
F = 59 and below
All out-of-class papers must adhere to the format and style guide of the Modern Language Association (MLA).
Out-of-class papers are due at the beginning of class (11:00 a.m.) on the day specified on the course calendar (see attached copy). Late papers turned in within 24 hours of this time will be penalized one letter grade (10 points). Papers more than 24 hours late will not be accepted.
Attendance is essential for success in this class. In every class we will cover material that will be directly relevant to the papers you are writing. If you miss a class, take full responsibility for all material covered in that class, including class discussion. If you must miss a class, let me know ahead of time by either email or voicemail.