Course Goals • Apply knowledge of rhetoric to make decisions about written communication
• Engage in a writing process that includes invention, drafting, and revision
• Write thesis-based academic arguments that provide strong support and specific details
• Find, evaluate, and synthesize credible sources in support of a research paper
• Use sources ethically and in contextually appropriate ways and follow a designated style guide
• Demonstrate proficient use of Standard Written English
Additional information about course objectives can be found on the department webpage, http://libarts.mwsu.edu/english/.