1. To introduce you to the visual arts through the study of the artists who create the art, the context of works of art, art history, the creative process, studio techniques, principles of design, elements of art, etc.;
2. To encourage your acquisition of the proper vocabulary for communication of these aspects of the visual arts;
3. To introduce you to selected works of art;
4. To stimulate your interest in a continued program of self education in the visual arts in the pursuit of a higher quality of life;
5. To allow you experience accessing information from a variety of sources, i.e. textbook, discussions with others, internet, etc.
The final grade will be an average of the test exams, the self-portrait collage and the in class participation grade. (Other assignments may be added during the semester.)