1. Students will identify and apply basic information and concepts associated with personal health and wellness.
2. Students will design learning activities that give elementary-aged children an opportunity to learn about selected age-related health topics.
3. Students will evaluate the appropriateness of health-related materials, resources, and strategies for incorporating health education into the elementary curriculum.
Assignments (400 pts)
Ten written assignments are designed to give students the opportunity to apply concepts and strategies for teaching health education that are appropriate for the elementary classroom. Assignments are due weekly and each assignment is worth 40 pts.
Quizzes (110 pts)
Four quizzes comprised of multiple choice questions were created to assess learning of specific content. The quizzes are worth 30, 30, 30, and 20 pts respectively.
FINAL GRADE DETERMINATION
• Students are expected to visit the course website, complete assigned readings and quizzes, and submit assignments.
• Late quizzes or assignments will not be accepted.