Dr. Jeong Tae Ok
Engineering, McCoy School of
» Assistant Professor
1) Micro/nanofluidics: Two-phase flow in micro- and nanoscale porous media analogs (micro/nanomodel), enhanced micro- and nanoscale heat transfer, self-propelled liquid motion, Leidenfrost drop, superhydrophobic surface and water repellency, Computational Microfluidics using COMSOL Multiphysicsand BioMEMS.
2) Mico/nanofabrication: nanoimprint lithography (NIL), 3D molding, field emission of carbon nanotubes (CNTs), miniaturized ratchets/asymmetric structures, and MEMS.
|Semester||Course #||Section||Course Name||Location||Days / Times|
|Details||Spring 2015||MENG 3234||21B||Heat Transfer Lab||McCoy Engineering Hall 139||
R 1:00-2:50 PM
|Details||Spring 2015||MENG 3234||21C||Heat Transfer Lab||McCoy Engineering Hall 139||
W 1:00-2:50 PM
|Details||Spring 2015||MENG 2213||201||Dynamics||McCoy Engineering Hall 205||
MWF 8:00-8:50 AM
|Details||Spring 2015||MENG 1202||201||Solid Modeling||McCoy Engineering Hall 207||
F 1:00-4:50 PM
|Details||Spring 2015||MENG 1202||202||Solid Modeling||McCoy Engineering Hall 207||
M 1:00-4:50 PM
|Sun Moon University||BS, Mechanical Engineering||1995-2-17 0:0:0|
|Sun Moon University||ME, Electronics Engineering||1998-2-13 0:0:0|
|Louisiana State University||MS, Electrical and Computer Engineering||2007-5-18 0:0:0|
|Louisiana State University||PhD, Engineering Science||2011-5-20 0:0:0|
|Institution||Position||Start Date /||End Date|
|Republic of Korean Marine Corps (ROKMC)||Infantry Platoon Leader and Battalion Executive Officer||1999-07-01||2002-06-30|
|Colorado School of Mines||Postdoc. Dept. of Chemical & Biological Engineering||2011-07-18||2013-07-31|
|Midwestern State University||Assistant Professor||2013-Aug||Present|
PREVIOUS & ONGOING RESEARCH PROJECTS
1. Film-boiling Liquid Motion on Asymmetric Ratchets: Influence of Ratchet Material and Aspect Ratio, 2014 Spring EURECA & UGROW, and COSM Faculty Research Award with Mr. Mark Weller.
2. Solar Stirling Dish Engine Energy Harvesting Panel, 2013-2014 Senior Design Project with Dr. Salim Azzouz and Mr. Mark Weller.
3. Computational Micro- and Nanofluidics using COMSOL Multiphysics: Microfluidics Module, Internal Faculty Research Grant Awards ($4,975, by Aug. 31. 2014).
4. Development of Image Processing tool for Leidenfrost-Ratchets Systems, Spring 2014 & 2015 with Dr. Catherine V. Stringfellow and Dr. Yu Guo.
5. Computational Study of Film Boiling Droplet Motion in Micro- and Nanoscale Ratchets, 2015 Spring EURECA with Dr. Yu Guo, and Dr. Sheldon Wang (Student: Mr. Daniel Goodey).
6. Oilfield Waters shut-off Treatment in mature reservoir by using Superabsorbent Polymer and Various Brine Concentrations, 2015 Spring EURECA with Dr. Mahmoud Elsharafi (Proposer).
REFEREED JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS
* indicates co-first authorship.
1. Jeong Tae Ok, Xiaolong Yin, S. T. Retterer, and Keith B. Neeves, "Nanofluidc Porous Media Analogs for Oil and Gas Applications", ASME Journal of Nanotechnology in Engineering and Medicine (JNEM), in preparation.
2. Jeong Tae Ok and Sunggook Park, "Influence of Polymer additives on Leidenfrost drop on microratchets" Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer, in preparation.
3. Jeong Tae Ok, Daniel Sang-Won Park, Sunggook Park, “Dynamical characteristics of Leidenfrost drop on microratchets” Langmuir, in preparation.
4. Bahador Farshchian, Junseo Choi, Jeong Tae Ok, Lance Brumfield, Sunggook Park, “Fabrication and characterization of biomimetic superhydrophobic surface” in preparation.
5. Jeong Tae Ok, Bahador Farshchian, Lance Brumfield, Alborz Amirsadeghi, and Sunggook Park, "PMMA Superhydrophobic Ratchets" Microelectronic Engineering, in preparation.
6. Qihua Wu, Bai Baojun, Yinfa Ma, Jeong Tae Ok, Keith B. Neeves, Xiaolong Yin, 2014, "Optic imaging of two-phase flow behavior in 1D nano-scale channels" SPE Journal SPE-164549-PA.
7. Xu Wei*, Jeong Tae Ok*, Feng Xiao, Xiaolong Yin, Keith Neeves, 2014, “Effect of Pore Geometry on Water Flooding and Surfactant EOR Studied by Microfluidic Porous Media Analogs” Phys. Fluids, 26, 093102.
8. Steven M. Hurst, Bahador Farshchian, Lance Brumfield, Jeong Tae Ok, Junseo Choi, Jinsoo Kim, and Sunggook Park, 2013, “Low Cost Fabrication of A Superhydrophobic V-Grooved Polymer Surface”, J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol. 13, pp. 1884-1887.
9. Qihua Wu, Jeong Tae Ok, Yongpeng Sun, S. T. Retterer, Keith B. Neeves, Xiaolong Yin, Bai Baojun, Yinfa Ma, 2013, “Optic imaging of single and two-phase pressure driven flow in nano-scale channels” Lap Chip 13, pp. 1165–1171.
10. Jeong Tae Ok, Eugene Lopez-Ona, Dimitris Nikitopoulos, Harris Wong, Sunggook Park, 2011, “Propulsion of droplets on micro- and sub-micron ratchet surfaces in the Leidenfrost temperature regime”, Microfluid. Nanofluid. 10 (5), pp. 1045–1054.
11. Charan Masarapu, Jeong Tae Ok, Bingqing Wei, 2007, “Carbon Nanotube Based Field Emission Diodes and Their Thermal Stability”, J. Phys. Chem. C 111, pp. 12112–12115.
12. J.W. Kim, J.S. Moon, D.W. Kim, M.Y. Jung, J.T. Ok, S.S. Choi, H.J. Lim, J.S. Yang, J. H. Boo, 2006, “NEMS fabrication of metal coated sub-wavelength size aperture array and its optical characterization”, Thin Solid Films 506–507, pp. 225–229.
13. Kim, D. W., Ok, J.T., Choi, S. S., Chun, C. K., Kim, J. W., Boo, J. H., 2004, “Analysis of the aperture formation mechanism in the fabrication process of nano-aperture arrays”, Microelectronic Engineering 73–74, pp. 656–661.
REFEREED CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
1. Jeong Tae Ok, Daniel Sang-Won Park, Sunggook Park, “Effect of surface temperature on the Leidenfrost drop on micro-ratchets”, 2015 Proceeding of the MicroTAS (Micro Total Analysis Systems), October 25-29, Kyeongju, Korea, abstract submitted.
2. Jeong Tae Ok and Sunggook Park, "The influence of micro scale ratchet depth on the motion of Leidenfrost drop", 2015 Proceedings of the ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition, November 13-19, Houston, USA, IMECE2015-51922, full proceeding draft submitted.
3. Jeong Tae Ok, Daniel Sang-Won Park, Sunggook Park, “Leidenfrost liquid drops on miniaturized ratchets: the influence of drop impact speed”, 2014 Proceeding of the MicroTAS (Micro Total Analysis Systems), October 26-30, San Antonio, USA, 1226-1228, T292c.
4. Lei Wang, Elham Parsa, Yuefeng Gao, Jeong Tae Ok, Keith Neeves, Erdal Ozkan, Xiaolong Yin, "Experimental Study and Modeling of the Effect of Nanoconfinement on Hydrocarbon Phase Behavior in Unconventional Reservoirs", 2014 SPE Western North America and Rocky Mountain Joint Conference and Exhibition, April 16-18, 2014, Denver, CO, USA,14WRRM-P-233-SPE.
5. Qihua Wu, Baojun Bai, Yinfa Ma, Jeong Tae Ok, Keith Neeves, Xiaolong Yin, "Optic Imaging of Two-phase Flow Behavior in Nano-scale Fractures", 2013 SPE Unconventional Resources Conference - USA, Apr 10-12, 2013, The Woodlands, TX, USA, SPE164549.
6. Sunggook Park, Jeong Tae Ok, Jinsoo Kim, “Effect of Liquids on Leidenfrost Droplet Motion on Micro/Nanoscale Ratchets”, ICNST 2012 (International Conference on Nano Science and Nano Technology), Gwangju, Korea, Nov. 8-9, 2012, Nano Energy, S04-1016.
7. Lance Brumfiled, Jeong Tae Ok, Sunggook Park, “Pool Boiling Enhancement Via Micro Ratchets”, 2011 Proceedings of the ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition, November 11-17, Denver, USA, IMECE2011-63736.
8. Jeong Tae Ok, Bahador Farshchian, Daniel Sang-Won Park, Sunggook Park, “The influence of ratchets dimension and shape on the motion of Leidenfrost droplet”, 2010 Proceedings of the ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition, November 12-18, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, IMECE2010-37986.
9. Bahador Farshchian, Jeong Tae Ok, Steven Maxwell Hurst, Sunggook Park, “Simple Fabrication of Hierarchical Structures on a Polymer Surface”, NSTI (Nano Science and Technology Institute) Nanotech 2010, June 21-24, Anaheim, USA.
10. Bahador Farshchian, Jeong Tae Ok, Jaejong Lee, Sunggook Park, “3-D integration of micro-gratings into bio-analytical devices”, 2009 Proceedings of the ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition, November 13-19, Lake Buena Vista, FL, USA, IMECE2009-11934.
11. Jeong Tae Ok, Eugene Lopez-Ona, Harris Wong, Sunggook Park, “Effect of surface wetting of micro/nano ratchets on Leidenfrost liquid drop motion”, 2009 Proceedings of the ASME 7th International Conference on Nanochannels, Microchannels and Minichannels, June 22-24, Pohang, South Korea, ICNMM2009-82173.
12. Jeong Tae Ok, Eugene Lopez-Ona, Daniel Sang-Won Park, Harris Wong, Sunggook Park, “Fabrication of 3-D superhydrophobic micro-ratchets via combined thermal imprint lithography and photolithography”, 2008 Proceedings of the ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition, October 31-November 6, Boston, USA, IMECE2008-67880.
13. Jeong Tae Ok, Eugene Lopez-Ona, Harris Wong, Sunggook Park, “Leidenfrost liquid droplets on micro/nano ratchets”, 2008 Proceeding of the MicroTAS (Micro Total Analysis Systems), October 12-16, San Diego, USA, pp. 1672-1674.
14. J.T. Ok, S.S. Choi, D.W. Kim, C.K. Chun, J.W. Kim, J.H. Boo, “Nanofabrication of Sub-Wavelength size Aperture Array For Near field Optical Probe Array”, Proceeding of the IEEE-NANO 2003, August 12-14, San Francisco, USA, 832-835.
15. Seong S. Choi, J.T. Ok, D.W. Kim, J.H. Boo, "Nanofabrication of Al-coated Oxide Aperture for NSOM Using Isotropic Etching Technique", 2003 AIP Conference Proceedings, July 21-25, Eindhoven, Netherland, 696(1):336-342.
CONFERENCE ABSTRACTS FOR ORAL/POSTER PRESENTATIONS
1. Joanna Sylman, Jeong Tae Ok, and Keith B. Neeves, “A microelectrode heating model of vascular injury to study nitric oxide-platelet interactions”, Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES) Annual Meeting, September 25-28, 2013 in Seattle, Washington.
2. Yinfa Ma, Qihua Wu, Baojun Bai, Jeong Tae Ok, Yongpeng Sun, Xiaolong Yin, Keith Neeves, "Optical imaging of gas/water two phase flow behavior in nanochannels using single molecule imaging system", 2013 25th American Chemical Society National Meeting, April 7-11, New Orleans, LA.
3. Qihua Wu, Baojun Bai, Yinfa Ma, Jeong Tae Ok, Yongpeng Sun, Xiaolong Yin, and Keith Neeves, "Bisualization of gas/water two phase flow and displacement of gas/water in nanochannels using single molecule imaging system", 2013 Pittsburgh Conference, March 17-21, Philadelphia, PA.
4. Wei Xu, Jeong Tae Ok, Keith B. Neeves, and Xiaolong Yin, “Water-Oil Drainage Dynamics in Oil-Wet Random Microfluidic Porous Media Analogs”, APS Physics, Division of Fluid Dynamics, Video Gallery, 2012, Oct. 12, Submission#: 83937.
5. Xiaolong Yin, Wei Xu, Jeong Tae Ok, Keith B. Neeves, “Micromodel Study of Influence of Pore Geometry on Water-Oil Displacement with and without Surfactant”, American Geophysical Union, Dec. 3-7, 2012, San Francisco, USA, H53G-1606.
6. Wei Xu, Jeong Tae Ok, Keith B. Neeves, Xiaolong Yin, “Visualization of Water flooding and formation damage in micro- and nanofluidic porous media analogs”, The Flow & Transport in Permeable Media Gordon Research Conference, Les Diablerets, Switzerland, June 24-29, 2012.
7. Wei Xu, Jeong Tae Ok, Keith B. Neeves, Xiaolong Yin, “Visualization of waterflooding and formation damage / water retention on PDMS-based microfluidic micromodels”, Conference on Earth & Energy Research 2012, Until the Last Drop: Enhanced Oil Recovery, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO, March 29, 2012, pp 128.
8. Jeong Tae Ok, “Leidenfrost droplets on micro/nano ratchets”, 2010 ME Annual Graduate Student Conference, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, April 10, 2010, pp. 11-12.
9. Jeong Tae Ok, Eugene Lopez-Ona, Harris Wong, Sunggook Park, “Liquid motion on micro/nanoscale ratchet surfaces in the film-boiling regime”, FAAM (First American Academy of Mechanics) conference 2008, New Orleans, USA, June 17-20, 2008, Microfluidics: Fundamentals and Applications 190183.
10. Jeong Tae Ok, Eugene Lopez-Ona, Harris Wong, Sunggook Park, “Self-propelled Liquid Motion on Micro-/Nanometer Scale Ratchet Surfaces”, NSTI (Nano Science and Technology Institute) Nanotech 2008, June 2-5, Boston, USA, Micro & Nano Fluidics WE80.203.
11. Bingqing Wei, Abhilash Krishna, Jeong Tae Ok, “Effects of Physical Layout Temperature and Pressure on Field Emission Properties of Carbon Nanotubes”, Nanodevices and Nanofabrication 2005, Singapore, July 3-8, 2005.
12. S.S. Choi, J.T. Ok, M.Y. Jung, D.W. Kim, “Fabrication of Metal Coated Sub-Wavelength size Aperture Array and Its Optical Characterization”, The Korean Physical Society ’03, Yonsei University, Seoul, South Korea, April 25-26, 2003.
13. J.T. Ok, E.S. Kim, “Programmable Analog-Pulse Neural Networks”, Korea Information Science Society ’97, Sun Moon University, Asan, Chungnam, South Korea, Dec. 5-6, 1997.
14. J.T. Ok, E.S. Kim, "Hardware Implementation of Analog-Pulse Neural Networks and the Characterization", JCEANF '97, Korea University, Seoul, South Korea, Jun 20, 1997.