Welcome to the Student Government Association! SGA was created to better represent the Students of Midwestern State University and to establish a more effective and efficient way to determine matters of concern. We pride ourselves in creating students growth and development by supporting all organizations and the student body.
We hope you find this site helpful and you have any questions on what SGA is doing, let us know. You can email us at email@example.com
Student Government does many things for the betterment of the Student Body every year. Some worthy accomplishments from previous years include:
• Establishing the current Bruce and Graciela Redwine Student Wellness Center and Vinson Health Center, some of the nicest recreational facilities in the country for an institution the size of MSU through the passage of a student referendum creating a Health and Recreation fee.
• Hired a full-time physician on campus in the Vinson Health Center through the establishment of the campus Medical Services Fee.
• Created the Student Honor Creed to demonstrate the student body’s commitment to academic integrity and the values of a scholarly community.
• Renamed the former street "West Campus Drive" to "Louis J. Rodriguez Drive" in honor of Dr. Rodriquez’s service to the university as President from and his unwavering support for and presence amongst the students, Extended the hours of the Moffett Library during Finals Week.
• Initiated the Student Athletic Fee to support the evolution of Midwestern State University’s NCAA Division II athletic program as the dominant institution in the Lone Star Conference and one of the best in the entire nation as a model for college athletics and gender equity.