"The Counseling Center was really helpful to my wife and I. They offered
logical steps to help us deal with stress and worry while attending school."
- May 2012 MSU graduate
How to make an Appointment:
MSU Students, Faculty, and Staff are eligible to receive counseling services at the
MSU Counseling Center. Students must be currently registered for classes at MSU to receive services.
1. An initial appointment may be scheduled by coming to the Counseling Center on the corner of Hampstead and Louis J. Rodriguez Drive during normal business hours or by calling Marsha Higgins, Secretary at the Counseling Center, at 940-397-4618. Clients are given the first available appointment which sometimes can be on the day of calling.
2. If you are currently being seen by a therapist at the Counseling Center and wish to schedule an appointment, please call 940-397-4618.
3. Appointment, Cancellation and No-Show Policy. Our goal is to provide quality counseling services for MSU students. The Appointment, Cancellation and No-Show Policy enables us to better utilize available appointments for our students.
- Cancellation of an appointment: Please be courteous and call our office if you are unable to attend an appointment. This allows our office to give your cancelled appointment time to another MSU student. All appointments must be cancelled at least one hour in advance of the scheduled time. To cancel appointments please call our office at 940-397-4618 and our staff will assist you. Cancellations made after the required notice are considered as a no-show.
- No Show Policy: A no-show is someone who misses an appointment without canceling at least one hour in advance. We realize this can happen in an emergency.
Students who do not show for their appointment or call to cancel their appointment at least one hour in advance will be charged a $25.00 administrative fee.
Three no-show appointments during an academic year (September-August) may result in the student’s loss of appointment scheduling privileges.