Graduate Record Examination
This standardized test is used to gain entrance into graduate schools. The GRE is offered in the Prometric Testing Center by appointment only. To schedule an appointment call 1-800-GRE-CALL, visit www.ets.org
1. What tests are offered by the GRE program?
- The General Test: It is offered on computer. It is an adaptive test that is tailored to your performance level and provides precise information about your abilities using fewer test questions than traditional paper-based tests. The test measures verbal, quantitative, and analytical reasoning skills that have been developed over a long period of time and are not necessarily related to any particular field of study.
- The Writing Assessment: This test is offered on computer. The assessment measures proficiency in critical reasoning and analytical writing.
2. How do I register for the GRE?
To register for the GRE, you can call the Prometric Candidate Services Call Center at 1-800-GRE-CALL, or visit www.ets.org. Have your credit card ready if you are calling by phone.
Please thoroughly read all of the information regarding registration, scores and score reports on the GRE website!
3. How long will I be at the testing center?
Your appointment can extend up to 4 1/2 hours.
4. How much does it cost to register for the GRE?
The registration fee for the GRE is $195.
To see if you qualify for a GRE waiver through Financial Aid, click here.
5. How can I prepare for the computer-based test?
Before the day of the test, you may view the tutorials for free at www.gre.org. You will find other useful information in the website.
CLICK HERE FOR OUR COMPUTER BASED TESTING SCHEDULE