It appears that your browser does not support JavaScript. We use JavaScript on our website to display some information. Please use a browser that supports JavaScript.


Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What Degrees are offered?

A: We offer a Masters in Public Administration (MPA) or a Masters in Healthcare Administration (MHA). Within the MPA are the Administrative Justice (AJ) track, the Health Services Administration (HSA) track and the Thesis track. We also offer a Graduate Certificate in Health Services Administration (GCHSA) available alone or in conjunction with the MPA degree. We also offer a minor in Public Administration.

Q: Do I have to take the GRE?

A: Yes. The department occasionally accepts the GMAT on a case by case basis, but we prefer the GRE.

Q: What are the admissions deadlines?

A: The deadline for admission for the Fall is May 15th. The deadline for admission for the Spring is November 1.

Q: Do you conduct interviews?

A: No, but you are welcome to make an appointment to meet with the faculty if you wish.

Q: How many letters of recommendation are required? Do they need a special form?

A: You will need to provide 3 letters of recommendation. A form is provided, but we will also accept letters of support. Please have these sent directly to the department.

Q:What documents are needed to complete an application?

A: You will need to complete: The MSU application at, Have copies of your transcripts sent to the admissions office and the department (2 copies of each transcript total), the departmental application (found on the website and submitted directly to the department), 3 letters of recommendation, and a personal statement.

Q: Does the program offer scholarships?

A: There are a limited number of scholarships that you can apply for. There are also a limited number of graduate assistantships that you may apply for. Please contact the department at either or for more specific information.

Q: Who do I submit my application to?

A: Please submit your application to Sue Cook at

Q: What is my financial aid availability? Do you accept military funding?

A: Unfortunately the department cannot answer these questions. Please see the financial aid website or contact them via phone (940) 397-4214 for assistance with these questions.

Q: Can I transfer credits?

A: The department will accept up to 9 credit hours of transfer credits, however these credits must be evaluated by the chair to insure their acceptance and application toward your degree.

Still can't find what you're looking for? Contact us at or We would be glad to assist you!