We are extremely excited and proud of our program! Because the decision to attend graduate school is so important both professionally and personally, we have a variety of links to quickly and easily provide you the information that you may need to make an informed choice regarding your graduate education.
Below are some quick facts to get you started:
- “Overall employment of counselors is expected to increase by 21 percent between 2006 and 2016, which is much faster than the average for all occupations…" (Department of Labor)
- The MACCP program is one of only two nationally accredited programs in the state of Texas!
- Students who respond to our alumni surveys have been uniformly successful in accomplishing their goals—gaining employment or entering doctoral study. In fact, 100% of graduates were admitted to doctoral training (20%) or obtained relevant employment (80%) within one year following completion of their MSU graduate degree (Graduate Program Self-study Report; Diekhoff, G., 2009).
- The student faculty ratio at MSU typically ranges from 5:1 to 3:1. As a result, we are able to provide considerable one-on-one instruction to students. Also, this extremely low ration allows us to provide what was called, “too much” clinical supervision by our most recent external reviewer (personal communication, Teresa Wozencraft, 2008).
- All accepted students receive funding to help offset the cost of tuition, fees, and books (Graduate Program Self-study Report; Diekhoff, G., 2009).
The links on the left should answer most of your questions. Of course, if you have additional questions or prefer to get your answers from a real person, please feel free to contact Dr. Carlston, Graduate Coordinator, or any of the other faculty members.