Mission Statement: The Office of Sponsored Programs and Research assists faculty, staff, and administrators in seeking and securing external grants and contracts from foundations, corporations, and governmental agencies.
- Locate funding opportunities to fit your project needs
- Obtain proposal guidelines from potential funding sources
- Interpret proposal guidelines and identify strategies to meet guidelines
- Prepare project budgets
- Obtain resources on "How to Write Competitive Proposals"
- Locate interdisciplinary collaborators at MSU or elsewhere
- Critique and edit proposal text
- Determine optimal research designs, methods, sampling, statistical analysis, etc.
- Obtain outside reviews of proposals
- Submit proposals electronically
- Negotiate indirect cost recovery plans with MSU and with funding sources
- Locate other support that might be needed