The Center for Continuing Education
Midwestern State University
Professional Development and CEU's
A series of workshops or single events designed for professionals working in counseling, psychology‸
corrections, education, social work, protective services, health care, ministry, and law enforcement.
Topics are intended to help meet continuing education requirements in professional fields while
enhancing knowledge and skills in areas of expertise.
Monthly or Annual
- Nonprofit Management Certificate Program
- North Texas Regional Training Conference
A three-day multi-disciplinary conference designed to meet the practical training needs of professionals in the areas of mental health, child protective services, foster parenting, Juvenile Probation services, and adult probation services. Call 940-397-4307.
- Texas Real Estate & Insurance
Midwestern State University has partnered with StateCE to bring you correspondence online courses.
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants: CPE’s for CPA’s
Midwestern State University partners with the Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
in offering seminars.
Kodaly Teacher Institute
- Speak Up, Speak Out
Conference held. May 2016
- CPA: Governmental Accounting/Auditing Seminar
Conference held Monthly
- Health Sciences and Human Services
- Meeting professional continuing education needs for nurses, dental hygienists, radiologic technologists, respiratory therapists, lactation consultants, long term care administrators and other selected health care providers. Please contact MSU Wilson School of Nursing.
- Licensed Professional Counselors
LPC - Several courses providing hours needed for re certification will be available throughout the
- Marriage and Family Therapists
LMFT - MSU offers programs in the spring to meet CE requirements.
- Social Workers
SW - MSU offers several programs during the year to meet CE requirements for
- Steph Conference. Contact Dr. Michaelle Kitchen 397-4141 for more information
Continuing Education Units (CEU)
Are beneficial to those wishing a record of non-degree learning experiences. The CEU is increasingly recognized by employers and professional associations as a means of measuring substantive in-service education and training as well as serving to fulfill re-certification requirements. CEU’s do not count toward a degree. The University awards Continuing Education Units as appropriate for participation in conferences, seminars, workshops, and short courses.
One CEU is equivalent to ten contact hours...
Midwestern State University has a TCBADAC provider number and several of our Continuing Education courses will provide needed hours during the year for TAAP and LCDC.
To register for a course, inquire about a date or schedule a conference, contact The Center for Continuing Education at (940)-397-4307.