Announcing the 2016-2017 Certificate in Nonprofit Management in Wichita Falls presented in partnership by:
• Midwestern State University's Center for Continuing Education
• Center for Nonprofit Management, Dallas
• The Priddy Foundation
For more information, click here to download brochure.
Certificate Program Description
The Nonprofit Management Certificate program is a series of seven full day sessions that provide in-depth instruction on the key components of the operations of nonprofit organizations. A mix of theory and practice, the series addresses the scope of the nonprofit sector, governing, leading and managing, resource acquisition, outcomes evaluation, risk management and legal, and marketing. As a cohort, students learn together what it takes to operate a human service organization in rapidly changing environment.
• Participants will be able to identify major theories of management and explain the relevance of their major principles to the management of nonprofit human service organizations
• Participants will be able to demonstrate knowledge of the organizational factors that indicate excellence in the management of human service agencies, including incorporation of ethics and values into the management of the organization
• Participants will be able to demonstrate the components of an organization and the ways in which they should be managed in order to achieve internal consistency and integrity
• Participants will be able to demonstrate specific knowledge and points of view needed by human service professionals
SESSION 1: Understanding the Nonprofit Sector, Organizations and Strategic Planning
Tuesday, September 13, 2016
SESSION 2: Program Planning, Evaluation and Outcomes
Tuesday, October 11, 2016
SESSION 3: Financial Management for Nonprofits
Tuesday, November 8, 2016
SESSION 4: Organizational Risk Management & Legal Structures and Practices
Tuesday, January 10, 2017
SESSION 5: Nonprofit Human Resources & Managing Volunteers
Tuesday, February 14, 2017
SESSION 6: FUND DEVELOPMENT
Tuesday, March , 2017
SESSION 7: BRANDING, MARKETING & PR for Nonprofit Organizations
Tuesday, April 11, 2017
All sessions are held on Tuesdays, from 9 am.-5 pm. at the Wichita Falls Museum of Art at MSU, #2 Eureka Circle.
CNM (866) 286-8347 ext 239 Toll Free
Pricing: $100 per class or $700 for complete 7-series certificate program.
This includes lunch, breaks, handouts & text.
Lorraine Parmer - The Center for Continuing Education at MSU
Beth Myers/Monique Waggoner - CNM Connect
Leslie Schaffner - The Priddy Foundation
Shana Risinger - CNM Connect
For more information call Midwestern State University’s
Center for Continuing Education at (940) 397-4307 or