Consortium agreements allow students to enroll in courses at another institution (also known as the 'Host' institution) that are transferrable to his/her degree program at MSU. Consortium agreements allow a student to be registered at both institutions simultaneously while receiving financial aid at MSU based on the combined enrollment of both institutions.
The following provisions apply for consortium agreements at MSU:
- The enrollment period at the Host institution must coincide with the MSU enrollment period, as follows:
Fall : August - December
Spring : January - May
Summer 1 : June - July
Summer 2 : July - August
- Student must be enrolled in a degree-seeking program at MSU.
- Student must be meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress at MSU.
- Student cannot be receiving financial aid (grants/loans) at the Host institution.
- Student must notify the MSU Financial Aid Office within two business days of any dropped/withdrawn courses; dropping/withdrawing from registered courses at MSU or the Host institution could result in the cancellation of all or part of the student's financial aid.
- Students are responsible to pay all tuition and fees at the Host institution; MSU will not pay the Host institution.
- An unofficial academic transcript from the Host institution (which may be printed from the Host institution's website) must be submitted to the MSU Financial Aid Office at the end of the semester; a 'hold' will be placed on the student's grades/records until the transcript(s) is received and future registration/disbursement of aid, if any, will not be released until the Host institution's unofficial academic transcript(s) is received in the MSU Financial Aid Office.
- AND, you must also submit an OFFICIAL academic transcript to the MSU Registrar's Office.
- Student must allow 2-3 weeks for the consortium request to be processed by the MSU Financial Aid Office.
- And, read this important information regarding Repeating Coursework.
- The Consortium Agreement form (as detailed below) must be received in the MSU Financial Aid Office on/before the following deadline dates:
Fall Submission Dates August 1 - September 15
Spring Submission Dates December 1 - February 15
Summer 1 Submission Dates May 1 - June 15
Summer 2 Submission Dates June 1 - July 15
STEPS FOR SECURING YOUR CONSORTIUM AGREEMENT
A student who wishes to have a consortium completed must print and complete the 'Consortium Agreement' form in accordance with the following (NOTE: Incomplete forms will not be accepted):
Step 1 & Complete your student information AND indicate the number of hours for which you will be enrolled at each institution AND indicate the Host institution you will be attending. Also, indicate the enrollment period for which you are requesting the consortium; CHECK ONLY ONE ENROLLMENT PERIOD as you must complete a separate consortium form for EACH enrollment period for which you are requesting the consortium.
Step 2 & List the course(s) for which you will enroll at the Host institution. Visit with your MSU academic advisor to ensure the course(s) will apply towards your MSU degree. NOTE: read this important information regarding Repeating Coursework.
Step 3 & Upon agreement, your MSU academic advisor must complete/sign the consortium form to confirm the course(s) will apply towards your MSU degree.
Step 4 & Complete your student information. Then, YOU (the student) must submit the form (Steps 1-4) to the Host institution's Financial Aid Office to complete/certify the Consortium Agreement.
The Host institution MUST return the completed form (Steps 1-4) to the MSU Financial Aid Office. You, the student, may not deliver the completed form to the MSU Financial Aid Office as the form MUST be submitted via the Host institution's Financial Aid Office.
Remember to allow 2-3 weeks for the consortium request to be processed by the MSU Financial Aid Office upon receipt of the completed certification from the Host institution.
Please contact the MSU Financial Aid Office at 940:397-4214 or email Bridgette.firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions regarding this program.