To apply for the Certificate in Petroleum Engineering, you must print, complete, and mail each of the required PDF files below, along with the $30.00 certificate fee (see options below) to the Office of the Registrar by the application deadline. Or if you prefer, you may fax them to 940-397-4672, along with submitting your fee through the online payment process, or you may bring and/or complete these forms in person at the Registrar's Office.
Required forms: (print and complete)
- Application for a Certificate in Petroleum Engineering
- Certificate Distribution form
Please take time to review: What to Expect After Application
Payment of the $30.00 certificate fee can be:
- Personal check payable to Midwestern State University, or
- Cash (only at our counter -- please do not mail cash), or
- Money order payable to Midwestern State University, or
- Credit card -- You must submit your payment through the online payment process.
Mail all required forms above, along with appropriate payment to:
Midwestern State University
Barbara Lunce, Assistant to the Registrar
3410 Taft Boulevard
Wichita Falls, TX 76308-2099
Or, if you live near MSU, just bring the application package by our office located in Hardin South.
- If ANY part of the total package is missing, your application for the certificate in Petroleum Engineering will NOT be processed until it is received. The submission of payment will not be considered until the application forms are received in the Registrar's Office.
- If you are making application to receive a degree at the same time as the Petroleum Engineering Certificate, you will need to complete the Application for Graduation process separately.
- Response time will vary according to how many applications are received for the semester for which you are applying. We will work on the most current terms first, then the future semesters. Generally, if you apply early in the semester before the one in which you are planning to complete the certificate, you will receive the audit before registration ends for your last term.
- In any case, your audit cannot be done unless we have a current certificate plan on file. Check with your advisor if you are unsure if one is on file in the Registrar's Office.
If you have any questions, please contact Barbara Lunce at (940) 397-4116 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER APPLYING FOR A CERTIFICATE IN PETROLEUM ENGINEERING
- Certificate correspondence from the Office of the Registrar will be emailed to you.
- Please make sure you have listed an accurate email address on your certificate application. If you change your email or mailing address on WebWorld, contact the Audit Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Correspondence you should be expecting:
*You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this attachment. You may download the Adobe Reader software from: http://get.adobe.com/reader/.
- Acknowledgement of your application for certificate if mailed or faxed and request for certificate plan if not on file;
- Audit of your academic record for certificate program in a .pdf file*;
- Audits are performed in the date order that your Application for Certificate is received in the Office of the Registrar after we begin auditing for your certificate date.
- If there are any issues, you will need to get back to us as soon as possible.
The Audit Team welcomes your questions at email@example.com.